Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Kentucky

Drug Money Funds Voter Fraud in Kentucky, says the headline, though the article is actually worth reading with Menckenian " “Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods," or a localist heart.

"The sellers in this situation would come to me and ask how much was I paying for votes, and ask me if I was buying votes or whatever, and I told them the most I could pay is $25," Salyers described to Fox News. "They would go into the machine and cast their vote...They were supposed to vote for me. They would come back to me and I would pay them for going to vote.  I had one gentleman come to me and say 'Mike, I have four votes,' so he took them to vote and I gave him $100, $25 a vote."

 Sounds cheaper then the vast majority of "above board" vote buying scams, and no doubt, Mencken would notice as much--just think student loans or the politics of food stamps/Wall Street that even Breitbart has figured out.  And even note the honor system involved in the actual vote.

_
Sally Denton wrote The Bluegrass Conspiracy decades ago, a story of a Kentucky Governor and his network, including State Police, running drugs.  She applied the same methodology with Harvard Professor and liberal, Roger Morris, to finish work on another Borderstate Drug Running conspiracy (a story that began in college research classrooms), this time Arkansas, and involving a then sitting President.

The story, as legend goes, was set to run in the Washington Post, but killed at the last moment--a neat trick, that offers plausible denial, rather than set-up.  Why did Lefties take a commission from a CIA paper to begin with?  Better to suggest shadowy figures killed the story when they learned of it.

The story, The Crimes of Mena, was picked up by Penthouse, and ran in July 1995.

Kentucky, anyway, is a complicated place.
_
Rand Paul's Iran Vote explained?

As Ron Paul's Audit the Fed bill passed the House today, an alternative suggestion to the above link, is that Rand Paul can be credibly against 'central banking.'



No comments:

Post a Comment